Credentials matter when it comes to caring for the trees. Aside from making sure that your tree is in great hands, you also have to feel confident that you are working with a reliable company.
However, how can you tell if a person or company is credible? Well, a credible person or company in the tree care industry is one that is insured, licensed, and bonded. To make things simple, the company should have a bond from another company. This is an additional insurance layer that protects clients if they’ve got to file a claim against the company. Insurance helps to cover possible damage or accident. The company should also have a license to perform the job.
Today, we’re going to share the importance of working with a credible tree service in Chesapeake VA.
Reasons to Hire a Licensed and Accredited Tree Care Company
Licensed and accredited tree care companies have invested additional work to offer premium service. To make things specific, a company that’s accredited by the TCIA (Tree Care Industry Association) go through a voluntary review process. This will help them show that they utilize safe and professional standards. This association identifies companies that put into practice their safety training, from careful tree climbing to safety equipment.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Tree Care Company
When choosing the ideal tree care company, here are several questions to ask:
- Are your employees certified? Just like how tree companies earn their accreditation, an arborist can be certified by the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture).
- Can you offer references? A reliable tree care company will have client reviews and referrals on hand.
- What are your credentials? You’ll certainly get premium service if you work with a TCIA accredited company. These companies are armed with safety procedures and industry knowledge.
- Are you insured and licensed? Asking about insurance and license is one of the most crucial questions to ask the company.
Red Flags of a Fake Arborists
Do not assume that you are dealing with a bonded and licensed tree company. As we’ve mentioned above, you should ask first. The reason for this is that you can be held responsible for any on-the-job damages or injuries to your property and tree if you hire an individual or a company without these credentials. A professional tree service company will have no issue offering you insurance and license details before they accept your job.
Aside from that, you should also be careful of working with an arborist if they show these signs:
- They use spikes when climbing a tree. Ask how the arborist will climb the tree if the job needs an aerial lift and it can’t reach. If they use spikes, they can damage the trees and create wounds.
- They do not offer a detailed explanation of their services. Aside from having a concise and clear price, the professional should also be able to describe what service they are suggesting and why they suggest that.
- They suggest tree topping as a method to lower your tree’s height. There are a lot of reasons why topping isn’t an ideal method.